After all your work, BE PREPARED!
- YOUR TICKET
- #2 Pencils
- Snack for the break
- Water or another liquid
- Calculator with fresh batteries
According to the people at the ACT, the most common reason you can be expelled from the test is bringing in an unapproved calculator. Basically they want any 4-function calculator but NOT scientific calculators.
Here is an excerpt from the webpage which spells out what the ACT will accept (or not):
The following types of calculators are prohibited:
- calculators with built-in computer algebra systems
Prohibited calculators in this category include:
- Texas Instruments: All model numbers that begin with TI-89 or TI-92and the TI-Nspire CAS-Note: The TI-Nspire (non-CAS) is permitted.
- Hewlett-Packard: HP 48GII and all model numbers that begin with HP 40G, HP 49G, or HP 50G
- Casio: Algebra fx 2.0, ClassPad 300 and ClassPad 330, and all model numbers that begin with CFX-9970G
- handheld, tablet, or laptop computers, including PDAs
- electronic writing pads or pen-input devices-Note: The Sharp EL 9600 is permitted.
- calculators built into cell phones or any other electronic communication devices
- calculators with a typewriter keypad (letter keys in QWERTY format)-Note: Letter keys not in QWERTY format are permitted.